Tuesday 15 November 2022

Tutorial with Zac Bradley

 Today's tutorial and review of work gave some useful insights. I have learned to clear the table and not try to put everything on it. I'm also trying to talk less and listen more, Georgiana who sits opposite me finds my non-stop chatter amusing and I suspect irritating.

This is Georgiana, obviously, 

Zac and I talked about "The story of me" product. Zac seemed to find this the thing that interested him most, and we talked at length about encasing things in resin, costs of resin and the format of the book to go with it.

In particular we chewed over if the book should have photos, drawings or a mixture. How many things should go on a page. Zac is very interested in the resin encapsulation, and suggested making the shape of the encapsulation echo the object inside. It's a nice idea, but one I suspect would cost too much and take too long. 

The moulds would have to be custom built. Probably it would almost be worth paying someone to do this as at the moment it's beyond my capabilities, 

On reflection, I think the mixture would be best for the book. drawings, photographs and other illustrations done with a variety of media. I shall experiment over the next week. Photos first as that's easiest and also writing the stories of these items.

No comments:

Post a Comment