Tuesday 1 November 2022

Back to learning

Inktober Illustration, prompt was 'gears'. Inside my head..

 Back to learning.

Life changes and I find myself reviving this blog. Having toyed with other blogging platforms, there's no doubt that this ticks the "Make it easy" box.

So what has happened?

Due to various reasons, I had to take some time off in 2021, I was due to return Feb 2022 full time and repeat a year. Unfortunately the university made time-table changes which made that difficult and resulted in me going part time. My last semester in Fine art was also less than spectacular. I had discovered a grow chasm between what I wanted to achieve and what was (rightly) expected. At the end of the day I look towards how I can provide for myself from what I do; probably that is "to commercial" an expression I heard more than once.

So I have transferred to CAP - Contemporary Arts Practice, where I have found a first class tutor in Matthew Robertson. He's also been a graphic designer and we share backgrounds in common. 

Currently I'm still finding my feet here, but the future looks promising, and with Ruth studying our lives look good, if hard.

Additional things that will be here

For my CAP tutors, there will be several pages to help you navigate:

CAP_context_folder

CAP_sketchbook

CAP_research

CAP_reflection

Using these tags will take you to the right pages for assessment.



No comments:

Post a Comment