Tuesday 1 November 2022

Monday's crits and the Serenedipitous cube

Our tutor is off for a bit, so we had a substitute: Mariele Neudecker. (http://www.marieleneudecker.co.uk/What an inspiration she is! (Talked through my work at length, she appeared to be particularly taken with the small interactive I made in response to last week's challenge. 
As usual I talked too much and gave people a run down of everything. I can be a bit of a bore sometimes... 
The interactive you can see below. It's the word 'serendipitous' which I was given embedded in resin with 36 neons. There's an exciter below and when you put a finger on it they light up.



Serendipity is a word that I have associated with ever since as a teenager of 13, I attended repeatedly the Cybernetic Serendipity exhibition at the ICA. (https://monoskop.org/Cybernetic_SerendipityThis showed that you could mix art and science together ways that hadn't been seen much at that point. Of course that's almost old hat today, but it was revolutionary then. 











No comments:

Post a Comment