Monday 6 April 2015

The house that Steve and Ruth built.

OK, so this is a Quay kit (http://www.quayimports.co.uk/d004_fantasy_villa.html) that we picked up last year. Lots of parts, abysmal instructions and does hold together without glue. Brought it because Ruth always said that she would like a doll's house - so decided that this would be the one. To be honest there are not many dolls that size/scale, but I thought it would be an interesting exercise building it. Been on the go now for six months. Didn't do much over Christmas periods, brought some titchy furniture for it a week ago and that revived the interest.


Here's the front with all the furniture drying on the balconies and verandas. Some are more successful that others. All of them, leave gaps for the imagination - i.e., they are not perfect facsimiles of the originals. Have a look below at the bathroom furniture.


Not finished yet! Painting roof tiles. Quite happy with them once I've done3 some but taking some time. My hand isn't as steady as it was, and I don't seem to get the paint in the right consistency. 


View from the back. All the time I've been building this, I've been wondering how you could add some life to it. I thought of an idea recently that I'll put up in a separate blog posting.


Interior, washroom. Too small for the bath to stand in so just and on-suite loo and washbasin. Although you could confuse the wash basin for a sewing machine.


No comments:

Post a Comment