Monday 4 July 2016

"What was the most complicated Illustrator drawing you ever did?"

Last week when I was teaching Advanced Illustrator elsewhere, I got got asked "what was the most complex Illustrator drawing that I’ve ever done?” Interesting question since they (here at least) tend to grow. 

But there could be two or three answers to that which came to mind immediately:


Miss-Information. A where’s Wally style festival spotters guide. Had to draw - or more accurately produce about a 1000 people. Probably in this enlargement you can see me, I did a homage to Wally in there as well. Well, at least the hat.

Map of Bath for Fringe Festival - probably took the longest to do. Here’s a section. The college (without the Roper extension) is at the top. The Hershel building is missing, because, if I remember correctly it was hidden by text or something. Not much point drawing what you can see!

One of many drawings of electropunk insect. Drawn for a show that I did some time ago, currently being revived as the show has a booking this summer. This one will be published as a postcard this summer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment