Monday 8 November 2010

Ceramics at the Podium, Bath

I have a few small items in the exhibition space at the Podium, Bath, they are there until 10/11/10. There are:

Two of my creatures.

Three small buildings, the "house at the Bottom of the Garden" that's on the being one that I'm particularly proud of. That is an experiment using coils of clay which are then subsequently covered in black clay slip and rubbed down. As you see it here, it has a wax finish, but when the show is over I will burn that off and put a glaze on. The crank clay is too rough a finish to take the wax.


The bowl that I completed on the eve of the exhibition that is made from coiled clay and coloured slip. It's polished with wax rather than glazed as this gives a much softer shine, and one that builds up over time. The finish in real life looks like bone, and is a lot lighter than it looks in this picture. I sanded and polished the bowl before firing it.


The last one here, the blue figure, is called Lament. It's dedicated to Ruth and is her favourite piece.


No comments:

Post a Comment