Saturday 25 September 2010

The Little Imperial Typewriter

This is the Imperial Good Companion Typewriter that I got a few weeks ago. It's a bit grubby, but it all works. Currently it's having it's metal bits soaked in WD40 to remove the grime of ages.

The ribbon is missing, I have it; but I'm looking out for a new one and I've got the spools in my bag so I can check against stock. If worst comes, I'll simply re-spool another size.

When I've got it working as well as I can, I'll use it to do the typesetting on my website.


Whilst surfing the web looking for more information on the typewriter, I found this blog: http://preciouslittlebirdy.blogspot.com/ 

The writer Angela had also got hold of one of these and very kindly scanned the manual for me. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment