Tuesday 26 May 2020

Doing the research folder

So for assessment we have to do a research folder/pdf. Last time I submitted three loose leaf folders. That works for me since most of my notes are sketchbook or scribblings. I don't type much, it takes too long and it's not vital enough. Besides which I agonises over the typography.
This time around it has to be a PDF, I have no problems with PDF. In fact I once certified as an 'expert' in Acrobat/PDF. Adobe said there's lots of work for people who really understand PDF, and there was only one other certified expert (ACE). Never got a single job out of it...

InDesign

I'm using InDesign to generate this. I've set up a book document to hold all the sections and each section is separate InDesign document. That way it's easy to see what you have done - or not done. At the moment there's about 150 pages, which will generate a huge PDF - I will have to use severe compression to get that down.

At the moment I'm sorting through pictures. I have about 1000 I've taken over the last six months, and I need some as evidence. There's more to come, these are just the one from the phone.

In case you're wondering the pictures are from a small show of automata at Broughton-on-the-Water. They have little red question marks because I've moved them and InDesign has lost the link.



No comments:

Post a Comment